drop24 are pleased to present our luxury cuts of halal meat and poultry supplied by Green Valley Food Court Kensington, available to be delivered to your door within minutes, 24/7! #AlwaysOpen
The sirloin comes from the sirloin section, which is on the back of a beef animal between the fore-rib and the rump. The name comes from the French 'above loin' and is a good source of support for your mental performance, energy creation, DNA creation, nervous system and immune system health. Legend has it that sirloin is so called because it was knighted 'Sir Loin' by Henry VIII.
How to cook the perfect sirloin steak
- 2 sirloin steaks, each about 200g and 2cm thick
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, left whole but bashed once
- sprig of thyme or rosemary (optional
1. Remove the steaks from the fridge about 30 mins before you plan to cook, so they’re closer to room temperature. Pat the steaks dry with kitchen paper, and season with salt and pepper. Take a heavy-based frying pan that will comfortably fit both steaks, add the oil and heat over a high flame.
2. When the oil is shimmering, turn the heat down to medium-high and add the butter. Once it’s sizzling, carefully lay the steaks in the pan, tucking the garlic and herbs in at the sides.
3. With a pair of tongs, sear and turn the steaks every 30 secs to 1 min so they get a nice brown crust. As a rough guide, each steak will take 3 mins in total for rare, 4-5 mins in total for medium and 7-8 mins for well done.
Free delivery in London for 1 year for the first 10,000 customers
Basket weight is visible at checkout. Same delivery charges applied to orders placed during day and night time.
Max weight up to 8kg